Neopost is a manufacturer of postage meters and mailroom equipment. It claims to rank number one in Europe and number two worldwide in mailroom equipment and logistics systems. It is quoted on Euronext Paris and is a constituent of the CAC Next 20 stock market index.
As well as franking machines and postal scales, Neopost also manufactures machines for folding letters and inserting them into envelopes, letter opening machines, scanners for detecting suspicious items of mail and various other mail-related services. They also manufacture and sell consumables for their equipment, including ink cartridges and customized envelopes optimized for their machines.
Gained in 75 years of history of growth, Neopost has a wealth experience, marked by significant acquisitions.
- 1924 Founding of Neopost Limited (United Kingdom)
- 1929 Founding of SMH, Société des Machines Havas (France)
- 1930 Acquisition of Neopost by Roneo (United Kingdom)
- 1935 Creation of Neopost brand name (United Kingdom)
- 1970 Acquisition by C.G.E. of SMH-Adrex (France)
- 1979 Acquisition by C.G.E. of Friden (United States)
- 1980 Acquisition by C.G.E. of Roneo and Hadewe (United Kingdom and Netherlands)
- 1981 Attached to Alcatel, subsidiary of C.G.E. (France)
- 1992 Foundation of Neopost Group
- 1997 A group of investors, advised by BC Partners and in association with management, took control of Neopost
- 1999 Neopost was floated on the Premier Marché of Euronext Paris on 23 February at a price of €15 per share
- 2002 Acquisition of Stielow and Hasler (Germany and Switzerland)
- 2003 Neopost completed the integration of companies acquired in 2002, sold Stielow’s non-core label printing and print finishing businesses, and strengthened its operating structures
- 2006 To enhance its international profile, the Group adopted a new visual identity and tagline “We value your mail” at the beginning of 2006
This demonstrates the Group’s commitment to its customers. The new visual identity reinforce Neopost’s image around the world and act as a unifying force for all the Group’s subsidiaries. The new tagline, “we value your mail”, clearly illustrates the Group’s mission and ambitions: to add value and improve mail management through innovation for both companies and postal organisations.
- 2007/2008 Acquisition of Valipost, PFE, RENA and NBG-ID
Sources: Nepoat.com & Wikipedia